Wednesday 7 January 2015

Hints and Tips for New Bloggers

 
Hi internet lovelies! In this post I'm going to share a few hints and tips that I've learnt over the 6 months that I have been blogging (wow, that time has flown by), and seeing as this was my 50th post- it seemed fitting. I know that this isn't really a usual post from me, which is why I'm posting this in the middle of the week, anyway lets begin: 
 
(Yes these are from my blog notebook, maybe I'll do some of these in the future;)
 
1. Content; Your content is the most important part of your blog, if your content is: a. informative and well executed, b. easy to read, c. engaging, and d. contains good grammar your onto a good start.
Good posts also contain media in order to separate long text and make your blog more visually appealing.
 
Ensure that you post regularly- that could be daily or weekly. Maybe set aside a specific day so your readers know when to check for new posts.



   2. Photographs; You should include photographs as part as extra media. If your a craft blogger or Fashion blogger these become very important for expressing instructions and/or displaying a product in your post.

Photographs should be taken with a decent camera under NATURAL light (Natural light shows true colour and ensures that your images are graphically clear, and can be edited to a high quality. Personally I use two apps found on the apple app store: PicLab and Vintque.




3. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO); SEO is basically the way you label your posts in order to get recognised by search engines such as Google. Don't get too carried away when labelling posts as you could end up having a post that is ignore by the search engine all together!

 
4. Promotion; This is just as important as your blog posts themselves. In order to get readers and subscribers you need to place your blog out there. Create new social media accounts and try to advertise your posts- hash tags are a blessing for bloggers as they introduce people that do not necessarily follow you, to your page.
 
(Personally, I'm probably guilty of not doing this enough on twitter or Facebook!)


 
 
5. Design; This is a pretty simple one. It's important to make your blog look clean so that your content really shines- busy backgrounds and wacky colours can detract from the basic ideas of your blog. This is all about first impressions!
 
 Free and Paid for templates are available to add to your blog however its quite easy with a bit of knowledge to make your blog look clean and sleek without shedding a penny (or cent, depending where your from!).
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed these quick tips for new bloggers. I feel very proud of what this blog has currently achieved, recently we hit 4,000 page views! WOW! My DIY Denim phone case tutorial has also been featured on totallygreencrafts.com  have a look!
 
Thank you all for the much appreciated support! Subscribe to my social media to be updated with new posts! Keep the Creative Juices Flowing! x



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just want to let you know that I nominated you for a liebster award:)
    xx
    Elena
    aroomofwonders.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination, I got right to it! :) x

      Delete